of 2

[Fanart] Calus & Aestiva

10 replies
176 posts
+285 Sweetrolls!
Spared a coin for the poor
133201001v3.png
(Click it for a bigger version)

This took me about a month to do and I'm super happy that I finished it! It's my shot at my boyfriend's Imperial, Calus Carvain. My Imperial (Aestiva Varro) is standing in the background being magical and stuff. There's a lot of story behind this simple scene which made it super fun to draw for me. It's a story that I hope to share on here some day.

Their name is Calstiva.

Calstiva is most greatest.

I'll be making another featuring Aestiva in the foreground next. So excited to draw more!

P.S. Calus' help was invaluable during this process. He sat there for days and would look at the drawing and suggest tiny changes here and there that made things so much easier for me. Not to mention he put up with my artsybrain. That's a feat all its own.
v71DZng.png
Posted May 20, 14 · OP · Last edited May 20, 14
+12  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
64 posts
+129 Sweetrolls!
Yessss, I've said this before and I finally get to say it publicly, this is a damn feat. Through this whole procrastinated journey you've excelled at taking my over the top, wild suggestions and somehow magically making them appear on the piece.

Case in point: "I love how damascus steel looks but that'd be impossible to draw," said I, prior to being proven wrong FOUR MINUTES later.
mbTC7do.png
Posted May 20, 14
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
145 posts
+132 Sweetrolls!
This looks... stunning. Awesome work!
2647337.jpg
Posted May 24, 14
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
164 posts
+169 Sweetrolls!
Nice job. :sick: I enjoy the way you worked the armour so that more miniscule details stand out and look good at a distance or smaller image size.
NinatSig_zps71d78d71.png
Posted May 24, 14 · Last edited May 24, 14
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
176 posts
+285 Sweetrolls!
Thanks so much for the kind words! :] Yeah this is a very tiring style that I'm trying to move away from. Detailed stuff is so fun but it takes me forever to complete. And you can probably tell that I lost my groove with the metal between two sessions. The armor's texture is a bit different from the helmet.

Still! Very pleased with the result and it's something to grow from!
Posted May 24, 14 · OP
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
31 posts
+41 Sweetrolls!
Ooooh I love this its so detailed! I especially love the vague woman in the background, that really does it for me. I love your style!!
Posted May 24, 14
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
164 posts
+169 Sweetrolls!
Thanks so much for the kind words! :] Yeah this is a very tiring style that I'm trying to move away from. Detailed stuff is so fun but it takes me forever to complete. And you can probably tell that I lost my groove with the metal between two sessions. The armor's texture is a bit different from the helmet.

Still! Very pleased with the result and it's something to grow from!

That's the great thing about art. We try and decide what we do and don't like, and then apply it to the next piece. I also love the look of those sorts of details, but you'd be hard pressed to get me to sit still with my tablet for days on end working in a 1 px brush to get the desired effect.

:sick:
NinatSig_zps71d78d71.png
Posted May 24, 14
+2  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
64 posts
+129 Sweetrolls!
Ooooh I love this its so detailed! I especially love the vague woman in the background, that really does it for me. I love your style!!

That'll be Aestiva herself. The character in the foreground in this piece is my Imperial, Calus, and she's planning her next piece to be the opposite, Aestiva in front with Calus in the back, so look forward to that once her motivations up again!

Speaking of motivation, I'm sure comments like these are what fuels the girl, so thanks!
mbTC7do.png
Posted May 24, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
64 posts
+129 Sweetrolls!
Aaaand congrats on getting on the Tamriel Chronicle hun!

Many loves!
mbTC7do.png
Posted Jun 4, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
176 posts
+285 Sweetrolls!
Squee! Thanks! That's so awesome! <3
v71DZng.png
Posted Jun 4, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!