Main Forum
Page
of 3

[DC] Black Market Bazaaar - 9/15

22 replies
644 posts
+740 Sweetrolls!
Aedra
When: 15th of Hearthfire 582 (September 15) - 8pm EST onwards.

Where: Port Hunding Docks, Stros M'Kai
Overflow: if it gets crowded, rpers should probably head to other nearby areas such as one of the open buildings or the tavern.

What: A gathering of buyers and sellers of illegitimate goods - anything not openly allowed under Covenant law (or its individual nations). This should be fairly self-explanatory. If you simply want to hawk standard merchandise, you -can-, but you might not get that much attention.

This purports to be a pretty informal event, at least first time 'round - the participant RPers should set the tone and mood. This is more about NETWORKING than storytelling. Many of us playing less-than-savory characters can't really 'open up' in city taverns, or simply walk up to each other on the street and announce our underground habits. But if you're involved in black market trade, a certain amorality is assumed - and offers many benefits for mutual gain. *wink*

We'll need folks playing roles such as:
Pirates getting rid of excess booty
Thieves selling off stolen gains
Fences for said thieves
Traders in forbidden books and dark magic paraphernalia
Assassins and mercenaries looking for hire
Courtesans and consorts offering other pleasures for coin
Dealers of illicit substances - both mind altering and body-poisoning
Information brokers, informants, and spies hoping to pick up profitable information on illegal or treasonous activity
Pickpockets seeking to take advantage of distracted customers and merchants

... and of course, actual CUSTOMERS, though I suspect a lot of bartering will be going on as well!

Obviously because of phasing, you WILL want to "travel to" (teleport) to someone else attending. If you are in one of the OOC RP guilds this should be easy enough - otherwise ask me for a temporary group invite (@DuchessOfKvetch).

This *is* in a starter area, so I do expect some trolls. However, we may also pick up some new rpers who don't know about TESO-RP.com! If you see someone walking around and engaging the marketeers in an earnest manner, please be sure to make them feel welcome and invite them to either the NARP and/or TCC guild as well as the website.

Due to popular demand(!), this will be a repeating event every 3-4 weeks.
original.gif
Posted May 20, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 11, 14
+9  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+128 Sweetrolls!
The Afterlight Accord will definitely be involved in this. Perhaps in the purchasing/distribution of Occult goods, illicit artifacts, etc.

Great idea, excited to see how it pans out!
Posted May 20, 14 · Last edited May 20, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
440 posts
+793 Sweetrolls!
Spared a coin for the poor
Herald
Scions of Dibella will also be present, or atleast represented by my character.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a stolen legitimately purchased ship or stolen rare jewelry fit for royalty, Liuva will be selling those as well.
qth9dHC.png
Posted May 20, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
135 posts
+169 Sweetrolls!
I will try to bring a House Varro contingent to this.
jal66h.jpg
Posted May 20, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
18 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
Ooh! This looks awesome!

Kasuka will be coming to this, ready to buy your illegitimately obtained goods to resale! FENCE, AHOY!
Kasuka - Pudgy nord who likes the good life.
Posted May 21, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
22 posts
+16 Sweetrolls!
This looks like fun!
Posted May 21, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
440 posts
+793 Sweetrolls!
Spared a coin for the poor
Herald
A reminder that the Black Market Bazaar is tonight!

Also Duchess, I'm not sure the time on the Calender is correct.
qth9dHC.png
Posted May 22, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
1 posts
0 Sweetrolls!
Ah this looks so fun! Probably will bring my little mage. Could someone send me a group invite or friend me or something so I can phase in? Iris the Insane or @littlesoprano1
Posted May 22, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
644 posts
+740 Sweetrolls!
Aedra
As an update, it appears that many of us are stuck in patch/download hell - especially those who didn't start downloading until after work.

If there's enough folks playing who can get in and are stable, feel free to start the market anyway (I don't know who all from NARP and TCC may be showing up regardless of this event posting). But if the patch day ruins the fun and nothing gets started, we'll just reschedule for early next week when things have settled down a wee bit.

Liuva, as for the time, nothing I can do since the Enjin site is native to GMT. If I set it to the actual local US time, it would show up on the calendar for tomorrow (due to the 5 hour diff). All evening events have this problem for NA folks. Thus we end up setting them for 6pm and just putting the correct actual local time in the event description.
original.gif
Posted May 22, 14 · OP
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
644 posts
+740 Sweetrolls!
Aedra
Here's hoping everyone had a wonderful time (despite all the chatspam).

My fears of patch day issues were mostly unwarranted as we had quite the large crowd! And amazingly, only a few snarky troll comments (from people NOT having as much fun, obviously) but no harassment.

We'll probably be doing this semi-regularly (twice a month?) based on current turnout and response. So look for a return sometime in early June!
original.gif
Posted May 23, 14 · OP
+5  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
Page
of 3
Announcement of